What’s better than a spa day? A homemade, all-natural spa day! Here are three of my favorite face products that you can make with ingredients from home:
Honey/Chia Seed Cleanser-
- 1 1/2 tbs rooibos tea, prepared and cooled
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 4 tbs honey
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the tea and chia seeds. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and lemon juice and mix well. If it’s too thick after a few hours when the chia seeds bloom, add another teaspoon of tea.
- Transfer to a small airtight container.
To use: Wash your face with a dime-sized amount of cleanser. Rinse completely.
Storage: Store in the refrigerator for 10 days to 2 weeks.
Use: Twice daily.
SOURCE: “Natural Beauty Skin Care” by Deborah Burnes. Copyright 2016, Rockridge Press.
Easy Cocoa Mask-
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- cornstarch and water as needed
- Mix cocoa powder, lemon juice, and honey into a paste. If ingredients do not bind, add water or cornstarch as needed.
- Apply mask to clean, damp/dry face. Avoid eyes and mouth.
- Remove mask after 10-15 minutes. Rinse well after removal.
SOURCE: Homemade by moi 😉
Hydrating Avocado Mask-
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon plain organic yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
This moisturizing mask is great for stressed-out skin from a day outdoors. Mash the avocado until it’s soft and then mix in the yogurt and honey until it forms a paste. Apply to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. For a more intense dose of hydration, incorporate one or two teaspoons of virgin olive oil into the formula, which instantly softens skin.
7 Easy, DIY Face Masks by Christa Joanna Lee. 8/15/15, self.com